1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any and I probably won't make for 2009. Haha. I'll forget them. I know I will.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, I don't think so.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Grandaddy. <3
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A lot more drive and excitement for life.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 15 - my court date, I had been dreading it so much and I was so relieved when it was over
February 9 - got the tickets for my first Jonas Brothers concert (which was very stressful), my mom and I also went snow tubing with our church
February 16 - I turned 17
March 14 - my first Jonas Brothers concert... loved it! :)
April 20 - prom, it was an adventure for me
May 31 - physics trip to Busch Gardens
June 18 - finally cut my hair off
June 19 - went to the beach
July 20 - driver's class... I could finally put the wreck behind me
July 30 - second Jonas Brothers concert with Sarah... loved it even more! :)
August 8 - the Olympics take over my life :)
August 17 - American Idol concert with Jenny... so fun, minus the mean man telling us to shut up
August 25 - Senior year started
October 4 - King's Dominion trip with the youth and Alyssa
October 10-11 - College for a Weekend... got a little taste of college and I really liked it!
November 2 - another haircut :)
November 14 - So You Think You Can Dance Tour with Alyssa... so wonderful!
November 22 - Grandaddy passed away
December - getting my life back together
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Understanding myself more and becoming more confident in my interactions with other people.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting boys control my emotions for a bit there. So ridiculous.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Major cold back in October that took my voice away.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My wonderful friends that I've gotten so close with and I can tell anything... especially Alyssa and Sarah.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Um. Boys. Yes. Boys.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Trips and concerts! :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Hometown Glory by Adele and I Want You by Elvis Costello... I majorly obsessed over these songs this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier, I think. I was still in a kind of funk this time last year.
b) thinner or fatter? The same or maybe thinner. My mom keeps telling me I've lost weight.
c) richer or poorer? About the same. I don't spend my money. :)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Study. I don't do that well.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting around when I could've been doing something.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family. :)
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance?, Big Bang Theory
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't like to hate.
24. What was the best book you read?
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Run-DMC, Elvis Costello, The Moody Blues, Otis Redding
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (haha), Get Smart, Eagle Eye
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 17. I had a party where board games were played and then Jenny and Sarah Hundley stayed the night. Then I spent that day doing nothing and then went out to dinner with the family to Olive Garden.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Oh man. I'm not sure if I could describe my fashion. I mean, it's nothing out of the ordinary. I guess I wear a lot of jeans and frilly type shirts and sweaters. Haha. Oh yes and I have a bangs-haircut this year. :) I wear a lot of flats and Converse sneakers.
32. What kept you sane?
My obsessions and fantasies and the amazing friends that let me tell them everything. And music, of course, as well as daily Bible readings.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jonas Brothers. Oh yes.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Election in general.
35. Who did you miss?
My dad, of course. Grandaddy now. A certain boy at a certain time.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Dan. Along with people that have been there all along that I'm getting to know.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
You can't be happy with someone else until you're happy with yourself. And don't let others control your happiness.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"What's this life anyway?
What's it to you and me?
What's it to anyone?
Who are we supposed to be?"
-"These Days" by Chantal Kreviauk